For the January 20, 2022 workshop we will start with the first topic. If there is interest in the other topics, I will add more workshops in the schedule.
CANCELLED – SPSS Tutorial
With low interest in this week’s tutorial, I have decided to cancel the session.
Please visit https://oacstats.blog/2018/05/01/s18-spss-workshop/ to review the different topics of the SPSS workshop.
If you have any questions, please feel free to book an appointment to go over them – http://oacstats.youcanbook.me
Thank-you and sorry for the inconvenience,
ARCHIVE: F19 Workshops and Tutorials
Oh yes! It is that time of year again 🙂 I have to admit that I love fall – my favourite season. The time for so many new beginnings. With this all in mind, the new schedule for F19 OACStats workshops is now open for registration at https://oacstats_workshops.youcanbook.me/. Workshops will be approximately 3 hours long with breaks and hands-on exercises – so bring your laptops with the appropriate software installed. Please note that the workshops are being held in Crop Science Building Rm 121B (room with NO computers) and will begin at 8:30am.
September 10: Introduction to SAS
September 17: Introduction to R
October 15: Getting comfortable with your data in SAS: Descriptive statistics and visualizing your data
October 29: Getting comfortable with your data in R: Descriptive statistics and visualizing your data
November 5: ANOVA in SAS
November 15: ANOVA in R
I am also trying something new this semester – to stay with the theme of new beginnings 🙂 Tutorials! These will be held on Friday afternoons from 1:30-3:30 – sorry only time I could get a lab that worked with all the schedules. They will be held in Crop Science Building Rm 121A (room with computers). Topics will jump around a bit with time to review and work on Workshop materials. To register for these please visit: https://oacstatstutorials.youcanbook.me/
September 13: Saving your code and making your research REPRODUCIBLE
Cancelled: September 20: Introduction to SPSS
September 27: Follow-up questions to Intro to SAS and Intro to R workshops
October 18: More DATA Step features in SAS
October 25: More on Tidy Data in R
November 1: Open Forum
November 15: Questions re: ANOVAs in SAS and R
November 29: Open Forum
I hope to see many of you this Fall!
One last new item – PODCASTS. I’ll be trying to record the workshops and tutorials. These will be posted on the new page and heading PODCASTS. I will also link to them in each workshops post.
Welcome back and let’s continue to make Stats FUN
ARCHIVE: W19 SPSS Workshop
February 6 – Introduction to SPSS
ARCHIVE: W19 Workshops
The W19 lineup of workshops are now available for viewing and for registration. Please note that the workshops will all be held on Wednesday mornings from 9-11am in the Crop Science Building – Rm 121A. Please review the list of workshops and visit the online registration page to sign up for the workshops that you are interested in.
- January 9, 2019: Managing your Research Data – Collecting your data, getting it organized and ready for statistical analysis.
- January 16, 2019: Managing your Research Data – Storing your data, backing it up, and future access.
- January 23, 2019: SAS- Introduction and Getting Comfortable with the interface and your data
- January 30, 2019: R – Introduction and Getting Comfortable with the interface and your data
- February 6, 2019: SPSS – Introduction and Getting Comfortable with the interface and your data
- February 27, 2019: SAS- Wrangling and Visualizing your data
- March 6, 2019: R- Wrangling and Visualizing your data
- March 13, 2019: SAS- Overview of GLIMMIX – Mixed model analysis and Regression
- March 20, 2019: R- Overview of aov(), lmer(), nlme() – Mixed model analysis and Regression
- March 27, 2019: SAS- Special topics – please send requests
- April 3, 2019: SAS- Special topics- please send requests
Have a great holiday break and hope to see you in the New Year!